Discover Harlem’s most iconic sights and learn about its history on an English-speaking guided bus tour and finish the excursion by attending a morning gospel service. It’s an unforgettable experience!
Harlem Morning Gospel Tour
Get on board an air-conditioned coach in the morning and enjoy the views of New York City while you head to Harlem, one of the island’s most authentic districts. The tour begins by visiting some of the neighborhood’s most interesting monuments and attractions, including the following:
- Columbia University: An Ivy League university, established in 1754. Albert Einstein gave classes in this university.
- Apollo Theatre: It launched the careers of James Brown and the Jacksons, among many other stars.
- Cotton Club: Some of the most widely known blues and jazz performers including Ellington, Ethel Waters and Cab Calloway performed in this well-known club.
- Magic Theatre: Magic Johnson, the American professional basketball player set up a first-rate multiplex in Harlem to encourage local economic growth, high quality facilities and technology.
- Gracie Mansion: The Mayor of the City of New York’s official residence.
- Harlem’s traditional brownstone houses.
- General Grant Memorial: The mausoleum is the resting place of President Ulysses S. Grant and his wife, Julia.
After visiting the vibrant neighborhood, head to a local congregation for Sunday worship mass service, where you’ll enjoy a soulful gospel choir singing beautiful gospel music.
The time you remain in church depends on the number of visitors.
At the end of the service, you will head back to Manhattan and be dropped off in the Times Square area.
To respect the congregants, please wear suitable clothes: no shorts, tank tops or flip flops.
Inside the church photos and videos are forbidden.
|Price per person||Children up to 3 years old|
Price per personUS$ 63
Children up to 3 years oldFree
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations to avoid the spread of Covid-19. Show more
All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Guided bus tour of Harlem with an English speaking guide.
See Harlem's world famous landmarks.
Attend a Sunday morning gospel service.
Meals and beverages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
When to book?
You can book up until 48 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Type of voucher
Electronic. Show the voucher on your phone.
Wheelchair accessible. This must be indicated in the reservation.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Will the tour attend the whole gospel mass?
A - No. Only the musical part.
Q - Are there stops on the panoramic tour?
A - The tour takes place inside the vehicle, but we'll make occasional stops to take photos.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Sheraton Hotel, 811 7th Avenue 53rd Street, New York, 10019