Discover Harlem’s most iconic sights and learn about its history on an English-speaking guided bus tour and finish the excursion by attending a morning gospel service. It’s an unforgettable experience!
Get on board an air-conditioned coach in the morning and enjoy the views of New York City while you head to Harlem, one of the island’s most authentic districts. The tour begins by visiting some of the neighborhood’s most interesting monuments and attractions, including the following:
- Columbia University: An Ivy League university, established in 1754. Albert Einstein gave classes in this university.
- Apollo Theatre: It launched the careers of James Brown and the Jacksons, among many other stars.
- Cotton Club: Some of the most widely known blues and jazz performers including Ellington, Ethel Waters and Cab Calloway performed in this well-known club.
- Magic Theatre: Magic Johnson, the American professional basketball player set up a first-rate multiplex in Harlem to encourage local economic growth, high quality facilities and technology.
- Gracie Mansion: The Mayor of the City of New York’s official residence.
- Harlem’s traditional brownstone houses.
- General Grant Memorial: The mausoleum is the resting place of President Ulysses S. Grant and his wife, Julia.
After visiting the vibrant neighborhood, head to a local congregation for Sunday worship mass service, where you’ll enjoy a soulful gospel choir singing beautiful gospel music.
The time you remain in church depends on the number of visitors.
At the end of the service, you will head back to Manhattan and be dropped off in the Times Square area.
To respect the congregants, please wear suitable clothes: no shorts, tank tops or flip flops.
Inside the church photos and videos are forbidden.
|Price per person|
Price per personUS$ 56
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Guided bus tour of Harlem with an English speaking guide.
See Harlem's world famous landmarks.
Attend a Sunday morning gospel service.
Meals and beverages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (16:00 local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Yes (imperative to point out when the booking is made).
Sheraton Hotel, 811 7th Avenue 53rd Street, New York, 10019