Prices in the Big Apple, apart from hotels, are not as expensive as you may think.
Some examples of different costs
Here are some examples of New York prices so that you can plan your budget accordingly:
- Single Ride ticket for the Subway: $3.00.
- 7-Day Unlimited Pass for the Subway: $31.
- Hot dog in a hot dog stand: $2.
- A pizza portion: $3.
- Dinner for two people in a standard restaurant without wine: minimum $30.
- Double room in a hotel in the center of New York City: Approximately $150 per night.
- Taxi from the JFK Airport: $52 + tolls and other expenses, a total of approximately $75.
- Tickets to a Broadway musical: From $60.
- Visiting a museum or a monument: Between $10 and $20.
- The New York Pass: From $90.
As in all other U.S. cities, tips make up most of the workers’ salaries in New York City, thus it is important to tip. If the restaurant does not include the tip in the bill (most establishments do now), the normal tip is between 10% and 20% of the total value of the bill.