Explore two of the most important cities on the East Coast of the United States with this 2 Day Washington and Philadelphia Tour from New York. Visit the hubs of America's history and democracy.
2-Day Trip Washington DC & Philadelphia
Day 1: New York - Philadelphia - Washington DC
The tour will depart from New York at 6:30 am and head south through New Jersey and Pennsylvania towards Philadelphia, one of the oldest cities in the United States.
Upon arrival, we'll start exploring the historic area of the city visiting the symbolic Liberty Bell, Constitution Square, Congress Hall and America's oldest continuously inhabited street: Elfreth's Alley. We'll also explore the city's financial district, Benjamin Franklin Parkway and many more important sites.
As we leave Philadelphia you'll spot the 'Rocky Steps', at the entrance of the Museum of Art, made famous for its scene in the film 'Rocky'. From here we'll head east to Lancaster County, America's oldest Amish settlement.
Here, we'll step back in time to experience the Amish slow pace of life while riding on a traditional Buggy through the Amish farm country. We'll learn how the population live without modern technology, electricity, running water, telephone service and appliances. Next, we'll visit the marketplace to stroll past stalls full of handmade arts and crafts.
Then the tour will leave Philadelphia in the afternoon, to head to Washington arriving in the evening and staying at the Wyndham Garden Hotel.
Day 2: Washington DC - New York
The day will start by visiting the important Thomas Jefferson Memorial, next to the beautiful man-made Tidal Basin surrounded by Japanese cherry blossom trees, the Arlington National Cemetery, the Changing of the Guard and the Kennedy family gravesite.
Our next stop will be Capitol Hill. Here we'll visit the US Capitol, the White House and learn about the US government. Following on, we'll go to the Air and Space Museum, and the Lincoln, Martin Luther King, Korea and Vietnam Memorials.
The tour will end by leaving Washington in the late afternoon and arriving in New York in the evening.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children under 2 years old|
Children under 2 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
1 night hotel including tax and continental breakfast.
Transport by air conditioned bus or van.
Free wifi on bus only.
Professional tour guide.
Sightseeing in Philadelphia & Washington DC.
Amish buggy ride.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
When to book?
You can book up to the start time, as long as there are places remaining. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Yes, imperative to point out when the booking is made.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Porth Authority Gray Line - Port Authority Bus Terminal